NIC Shipping & Return Policies
U.S. SHIPPING INFORMATION:
(Includes Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands)
All Shipping Policies listed are subject to change without notice!!
USPS is our preferred shipping provider and will be used whenever possible. UPS will also be used when necessary. Shipping rates will be based upon the shipping provider's standard rates, plus a small handling fee is also applied.
- All orders under $300.00 will be shipped by trackable US Mail Services.
- All orders over $300.00 including any custom work, will be shipped by United Parcel Service (UPS), signature required, US Express Mail, signature required, or other trackable US Mail.
- All orders over $150.00 shall be shipped with insurance.
- NIC requires a minimum order process time of 2 business days for all standard orders before shipment.
- Custom Id and Folio products require 2 weeks for delivery.
- Custom Badges require 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- Custom Wallets require 2-3 weeks for delivery.
- When calculating estimated shipment time for our customers, please note that United Parcel Service (UPS) does not count weekends as shipping days. US Mail does not count Sundays.
- Orders received after 9:00 AM CST will be processed the next business day (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays) after authorization and verification, if merchandise is in stock. Customer credit cards will NOT be billed until the merchandise is shipped. (except custom orders; These bill upon receipt of order). Backorders will be reauthorized when out-of-stock merchandise arrives, and billed at time of shipment.
- Products requiring customized work (such as engraving, sewing, special text or graphic design) CANNOT be shipped Express Delivery.
- Out-of-stock merchandise or items drop-shipped from our suppliers CANNOT be shipped Express Delivery.
- If part of the order is out-of-stock, we will ship the available merchandise via the delivery method for which the customer specified. When the out-of-stock items become available, it will be shipped via First Class Mail at no additional cost.
- United Parcel Service (UPS) will NOT ship to Post Office Boxes.
- 4% Sales Tax charged on total merchandise (excluding shipping) for orders delivered in the state of Louisiana ONLY!
FOREIGN SHIPPING INFORMATION:
For individual orders we use USPS exclusively. For large contract orders, please contact your account manager for other options.
The customer pays all shipping, insurance and customs fees, and assumes responsibility for any lost shipments to countries that don't allow us to insure shipments within their borders. All International orders are subject to an adjusted freight charge after shipment due to weight or method of shipping.
We do not ship to the following international countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Papua/New Guinea, Paraguay, Poland, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Senegal, Serbia-Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Yemen
NIC Law Enforcement Supply provides our customers with high quality products at exceptional prices. Our guarantee and return policy is stated below for your convenience:
- We will quickly replace, refund, or exchange any defective product according to our returns and exchanges policies (see below).
- Refunds & exchanges cannot be given before merchandise is returned and examined.
- We will quickly replace, refund, or exchange any unused products that do not meet your expectations. All returns must be made within 30 days of purchase.
- NIC Law Enforcement Supply will give a 100% credit for the cost of your return products (not including shipping costs.) If the error is ours, your shipping costs will also be refunded.
- Please review our warranty information here.
- Products that are to be returned to NIC for replacement or refund, must have an "RMA" (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, registered with NIC, within thirty (30) days of the original ship date. This number will be used for approval and tracking purposes. Please call 1-888-642-0007 and speak with one of customer service reps to obtain an RMA number.
- Due to some of our manufacturers' policies, certain items must be returned to the factory for warranty repair or exchange. These items can include but are not limited to: Custom badges, body armor, blank guns, airsoft guns, airguns, tactical vests, and other various items. In most cases, the manufacturer will provide return instructions with the product. Please see any accompanying details that are included with your product.
- Items should be in original packaging and must not be soiled or laundered or show evidence of use.
- Original Packing Receipt should accompany all returns or the return must include the original order number associated with the return.
- NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ON UNDERWEAR!
- No refunds or exhanges on specials or closeout items.
- All refunds will be issued in the form of payment originally used to pay for the merchandise. (Example: If a credit card was used to purchase the merchandise, the refund will be credited to that credit card ONLY. If a check or money order and was used to purchase the merchandise, your refund will be mailed to you in the form of our company check within 30 days. Any merchandise purchased with cash, will be refunded by our company check.)
- We will refund or credit the value of the item and any taxes you were charged. Original shipping charges are non refundable unless you received a shipment sent in error by NIC. It shouldnt cost you anything additional for our mistake.
- All returns and exchanges are subject to a 10% restocking fee. (restrictions apply)
- NOTE! NIC does not issue refunds or exchanges on custom items that have been ordered or produced. This includes items that have been altered, decorated, engraved, customized, or otherwise embellished at the request of a customer. This also applies to custom items that require verification of employment or authorization to produce, that cannot be provided. These cannot be returned for credit or exchange unless the return is related to our error. If a custom item is canceled by either you, or NIC for any reason, up to a 50% cancellation fee may apply.
- All exchanges will be solely at the discretion of NIC. Any defective products will be exchanged for the item that was originally purchased. Should NIC be temporarily out of the particular item to be exchanged, we will either, at your request, place the item on backorder, and ship the item once it has been replaced in stock, or issue you a complete refund for the item except for shipping charges.
- Custom products will be only be exchanged should the item be deemed defective by NIC. Should you receive a defective custom item from NIC, NIC will remake the custom item for you.
- All exchanged items should follow the same process as a returned item. All returned items must be accompanied by an authorized RMA number. See our "RETURN POLICY" above.
- If you return a product for a size or style exchange, you are responsible for the return and exchange shipping fees. We recommend that you use a trackable shipping method and insure products you plan to return, as we are not responsible for lost or damaged items during the return shipment
- All returns and exchanges are subject to a 10% restocking fee. (restrictions apply)
NIC Strives to provide our customers with the best service. However, from time to time, there are circumstances in which orders may need to be canceled. This policy covers these situations:
There are no refunds, or exchanges, on custom items. If a custom item is canceled off of an order, for any reason, the customer is still responsible for payment of the item. Note: If a custom item is canceled by either you, or NIC for any reason, up to a 100% cancellation fee may apply.
If the order contains other items that are in stock, these items will be shipped to customer after the cancellation of the custom item
It is the customer's responsibility to obtain authorization for a custom item before placing an order. Not obtaining authorization does not relinquish responsibility of customer to pay for item and/or any fees to cancel the item
NIC cannot be responsible for any fees assessed due to dept/agency refusing authorization or processing the order
Stock Orders (Orders in which all items are non-personalized).
- General Cancellation Guidelines (applies to all orders)
- Customer must request cancellation within 24 hours of order placement to prevent charges, or fees being assessed to order.
- Orders with no payment, or declined credit card payments will be canceled immediately.
- Orders with improper billing and or shipping addresses will be canceled immediately.
- Orders with illegible handwriting will be canceled immediately.
- Refusal to accept delivery of an order will not relieve the customer of their obligation to pay for order.
- By placing an order with NIC, you agree to the Terms & Conditions, and all associated policies set forth by NIC.
- Custom Orders (Any order that has a custom built or personalized item on it)
- Custom Items may be canceled for the following (but not limited to) reasons:
- Customer did not provide all information necessary to complete order (i.e. custom ID form, Custom badge form, photo, signature, etc.
- Customer did not provide proper authorization forms to produce items. (i.e. copy of Driver License, company letterhead, employment verification, etc) See Custom Order Acceptance Policy here
- NIC could not contact customer to get proper information
- Customer changed mind
- NIC will automatically cancel IDs and/or custom badges fitting certain criteria such as, but not limited to:
- Any US government badge
- CIA badge
- US Marshal badge
- Military badge
- Badges with known restrictions or production contracts such as:
- NYPD badge
- NY Auxiliary police badge
- Canceled badges/orders will not be charged a cancellation fee and a request will be sent to re-order your item with letter of authorization from the department/agency the badge or ID is for
Cancellation Levels and Fees
- Stock orders that are canceled will incur a 10% restocking fee on the order total.
- If an order is partially canceled before shipment, no penalties will apply.
- If a customer cancels backordered item off of an order, no penalties will apply.
- Level 1 Custom Item Cancellation
Level 2 Custom Item Cancellation
- Customized items can be canceled for any reason within 1-2 business days of the original order date and receive a full refund of the purchase price of the item UNLESS the item has already entered production. If so, the item cannot be canceled and no refund can be processed.
- If a customized item has been ordered and requires extra documents or information in order to produce the item, NIC will attempt to contact the customer and obtain needed items. If after 3 contact attempts or 30 days (whichever comes first), there has been no response, the customized item will be canceled from the order and a 25% cancellation fee will apply. Extra documents or information needed may include:
NIC may also contact customer for an issue relating to a custom item that may include:
- Letter of authorization to produce restricted item
- Photo and/or signature to produce customized ID card
- Badge/Folio/PVC order form to produce customized item
Level 3 Custom Item Cancellation
- Incomplete order form
- Customized information contains typographical errors that need correction
- Product options that are restricted/not compatible with item selected
Level 4 Custom Item Cancellation
- If a customized item has been ordered and requires extra documents or information in order to produce the item, NIC will attempt to contact the customer (as detailed in Level 2) and obtain needed items. Customer should contact NIC and make arrangements to submit documentation required, provide missing/incomplete information needed, correct order details, or the customer can request the customized item be canceled and a cancellation fee will apply as detailed below:
- A 25% cancellation fee will apply to any customized item that is canceled once NIC has made due diligence to contact the customer to gain needed documents/information to complete the order.
- During this time, NIC will do due diligence to validate authorization/verification related documents. If NIC finds these documents to be inconclusive or insufficient, NIC will inform the customer and request further documentation.
- If after 1 or more attempts to collect/verify needed documentation/information for the customized item, the customer decides to no longer continue submitting needed documents/information, a cancellation fee equal to the number of days (in percent) since the original order date until the cancellation request date will apply. This fee will not exceed 50% and all fees are calculated in 10% increments.
- If a customized item has been ordered, verification/authorization document(s) requested have been submitted, NIC will do due diligence to validate these documents with the agent/officer in charge of drafting/sending the document(s). If during this time, NIC can with certainty, determine these documents to be fraudulent, fake, copied, forged and/or the individual ordering the customized item is denied authorization to order the item by the agency the document(s) represent, a 100% cancellation fee will apply.